Statement of Faith
Open Door Ministries holds true to the following statements as we minister in urban Denver.
1) The Bible is the inspired Word of God, without error, and is the final authority for faith and practice.
2) God is one, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3) Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Father, he now is our High Priest and advocate.
4) The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, to convict, regenerate, indwell, guide, comfort, instruct, gift, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
5) Every believer is a priest, having been gifted to minister by the Holy Spirit, has direct access to God through Jesus, and access to all knowledge through the scriptures.
6) People were created in the image of God, but willfully disobeyed, and are separated from God. They are reconciled to God only through a personal belief in Christ's sacrificial death for sin, his burial, and resurrection.
7) Water baptism for believers is an expression of our spiritual cleansing from sin, and an identification with Christ's death, burial, and resurrection, and with his body the Church. Our preferred mode of baptism is immersion.
8) The Lord's supper is a remembrance of the Lord's death for us and is to be observed by believers as Christ commanded.
9) The Church is composed of all people who, through a saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and are united together in the body of Christ, of which Jesus Christ is the Lord and head.
10) The local church is the visible expression of the body of Christ, the true Church; the Lord has called believers to fellowship together in local, autonomous congregations.
11) The personal coming of our Lord Jesus Christ is imminent, and a source of mutual encouragement, provoking us to righteousness and service.
12) The dead will be resurrected bodily: the believer to everlasting joy with the Lord, and the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.